A Spooky Night

I am a huge Harry Potter fan, just so you know. After I made the magical witch card, I was reminded of the cover of the Harry Potter books.  Those books just look so magical.  I took inspiration from the Prisoner of Azkaban.

content.jpeg

Here is what I came up with today:

slide1

I am having so much fun with the masking and inking process.  The combination of colors I used for this card are: Smoky Slate, Pink Pirouette, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Night of Navy and Basic Black.  The card base is Eggplant Envy.

Begin with a piece of white cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″.  Using the sponge roller, ink the entire piece with a light layer of Smoky Slate.  Next, ink the entire piece with Pink pirouette.  After you are done, use an aqua painter to lightly wet the surface and blend the two colors.  I then went over it with an ink dauber for good measure.  Make sure this piece is completely dry before you go on to the next step. I am not patient, so I used my handy, dandy heat tool to quicken the process.

I then cut a post-it with the 2″ circle punch and placed it in the center of the card.  I also covered my horizon line with a piece of card stock. I proceeded to ink the top, using ink daubers, in this order: Wisteria Wonder, perfect plum, night of navy and basic black.  I got darker towards the edge and corners of the paper.  I kept it lighter near the moon.

Next I removed the moon mask and switched the card stock cover to hide the previously inked section.  I was then ready to ink the ground. I started with the darkest color at the horizon line and faded down towards the bottom of the card. I didn’t use pink or slate on the bottom half.

I then used archival ink to stamp images from the Spooky Fun and Halloween Scares sets.  I didn’t worry about the fence lining up, I just used a marker to draw in extra pickets. I didn’t want it straight in my old cemetery.  I also filled in the tombstones so they became a silhouette in the moonlight.

The stars are created using stars from the Star of Light set with versa mark and heat and stick powder.  I then sprinkled dazzling diamonds glitter to make them shine.  I tell you, that stuff lasts forever!  I have had my jar since about 2006 and I think I just now need to order a new one, and I love it!  A little just goes a long way.

Lastly, I decided I needed a sentiment, and none of my Happy Halloween stamps were large enough.  I used the die from the last year’s set, Seasonal.  I embossed it with clear just to give it a little umph. I used dimensionsals to mount the finished artwork, and viola’, Spooky!

Play around with this technique.  It is fun and anything goes.  You can’t go wrong.

Enjoy and happy crafting!